Mar 22, 2011

In Her Strong Toil Of Grace

I have killed Antony and Cleopatra! It didn't take as long to finish as I thought it would. It helps when you don't try to read another play in the middle of it. These people are ridiculous and they overreact to everything. Ever. I was entranced, too, by Caesar's words of Cleopatra. They don't strike me as something that he should say. They're too poetic. Maybe it's just because I've had some bad experiences with Italians, but I don't think of Romans as poetic. In fact, it might be interesting to note that the Romans that I know are still logical and orderly, and they clash quite often with my whimsy and lack of structure. But anyways.

The fact that Caesar is so touched by her beauty, even in death, is somewhat of a mystery to me. Any yet how could one not be touched by her marvelous performance? She acted it perfectly, and the ending turned out just the way she had planned. Maybe her memory will not be as perfect as she was hoping that it would be, but nevertheless she did better than her best. And the show must go on. But class is in a few minutes and I should really get my things packed up just in case. So it's time for me to say goodbye again.